Next-Generation sequencing (NGS) is essential for almost all life sciences research and diagnostics. Next-generation sequencing technologies field growing each day. Learning the basics of NGS data analysis is crucial to life science professionals, industry representatives, research scientists, postdocs, and all students. We offer a unique course for a quick start for NGS data analysis and bioinformatics. This course allows you to understand the basics of bioinformatics and NGS Data analysis in 2 days.
This course is designed for everyone, including life science researchers and students with no background in bioinformatics and NGS. The objective is to introduce topics and examples to help participants understand NGS data analysis. Participants will gain practical experience in both NGS data analysis and theory. Each session includes both lecture and hands-on exercises.
Why Introduction to Bioinformatics and Next-Generation Sequencing Course ?
- Designed for beginners in NGS data analysis
- Each session includes both lectures and hands-on exercises.
- The workshop will be in English
- no previous experience with sequencing data analysis is required.
What will you learn?
- What are bioinformatics, NGS, and genomics and their history
- How to evaluate the quality of raw NGS data
- Biological databases and how to use them
- Basic steps of preparing NGS data for subsequent bioinformatics processing
- Quality control, file formats, and mapping of NGS data
- Genome assembly
- Variant calling and visualization
- Use cloud-based platform Galaxy to analyze large sequencing datasets.
Requierments for Introduction to Bioinformatics and Next-Generation Sequencing Course
- Computer literacy and internet connection
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology (DNA, RNA, gene expression, PCR)
- No coding knowledge required
How to Register?
- To register for the course you can easily complete payment by adding the course to your cart
- We will contact you within 3 days by e-mail after your payment to confirm your registration and for your invoice.
- We are happy to help if you need for your registration process, for questions: email@example.com
- You can make your payment with your credit card. If you wish to make your payment with a transfer we will provide you bank account. Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainer - MSc Meltem Kutnu
Meltem completed her undergraduate education at Bahçeşehir University, Department of Genetics and Bioinformatics, in 2016. In addition to her undergraduate program, she took the programming, machine learning, molecular modeling, and bioinformatics courses. She completed her master’s degree at METU, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, in 2019. She took classes in structural bioinformatics, biostatistics, comparative genomics and transcriptomics, and protein and DNA sequence analysis during this period. She did her master’s thesis on biological network modeling based on proteins with differential expression in the Bacillus subtilis OGU1 strain.
She is currently working on her doctorate education in the same department. She has a publication in The Journal of Microbiology.
Training Course Program
A brief history of bioinformatics and its biological background
What is bioinformatics?
A brief history of bioinformatics
Biological databases → All with hands-on exercises
- Genome sequencing: Definition and history
- Next-Generation Sequencing design and platforms
- Next-Generation Sequencing workflow
- Quality control, file formats, and mapping
- Genome assembly (de novo vs. re-sequencing)
- Hands-on exercise on Galaxy
- Quality control and pre-processing (FastQC and FastP)
- Variant calling and visualization (Snippy and Browse)
Bioinformatics is expanding rapidly, and many new professionals are strengthening their work with bioinformatics. We provide training from experts for a quick start to bioinformatics studies for life scientists and industry professionals. Since 2015, we have provided bioinformatics training to academics and employees with numerous face-to-face and online courses in Turkey. With this experience, we set out on a new path to delivering our bioinformatics training worldwide. We will be happy to see you among us on this road.